Here at HollowAgain I will talk about whatever is on my mind. It may have to do with faith or books or something that I write about in my other blogs, but it also may not. In addition to books I also like movies and music and sports and food. I will probably talk about that stuff.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Theological Horror Fiction

Does this genre of literature exist? Well, even if it doesn't, I have started writing what I hope will become a full length novel that would fit into this category. There are a couple things I love to read and write about: horror (specifically zombies), and theology, so I thought that figuring out a way to combine the two would make for an interesting story. It will probably suck. I honestly don't care. I just want to see if I can write it. If people like it, that would be great. If they don't, which they probably won't, then I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it.

Basically the story is about the Church's response to the sudden outbreak of zombies worldwide. Leaders from all Christian denominations and groups are being forced to answer questions of "why this is happening?" and "what is God's plan?" and "is this The End?". I hope to weave a lot of eschatology into the story, like, if the genre of Tim Lehaye met the theology of Augustine which met the gruesome carnage of a Rob Zombie horror film all in one book. Yes, I agree, it should be awesome!

I may post some small parts as I work to see people's thoughts, but I would like to wait until it is done to let people read it. When it is done I intend to share it in serial format online.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant wait for this im looking forward to reading this my old hannaford brother

Dan said...

i'm glad you're excited! i hope it is worth reading!

Anonymous said...

im sure if its a interesting as our conversations then it will be great